With just over a week to go until Black Friday, and with the help of WalletHub, a leading personal finance website, we’ve compiled a list of stores that offer the best advertised discounts and for which items. It’s time to watch the ads and formulate a plan for the biggest shopping day of the year.
Have you been waiting all year to get out and shop for the deals that so many stores will be offering? Many major retailers and direct-to-consumer businesses have already started posting Black Friday deals ahead of Friday, November 25, 2022. I have too many anxiety issues to deal with all these masses. Do you dare to the big Black Friday sales?
When you’re excited to get out and shop, wouldn’t it be nice to see all the special offers in one place and know which retailer has the best deals on which items? Luckily, WalletHub did all the work for us. They examined nearly 4,000 listings from 16 of the largest US retailers and below are the results. Some of the results are interesting, and it’s worth checking out the Black Friday specials first-hand.
BLACK FRIDAY 2022
WalletHub analyzed nearly 4,000 deals from 16 of the largest US retailers in the 2022 Black Friday commercial scans to identify the stores offering the biggest discounts across product categories such as “Home Appliances”, “Jewelry” and “Toys”.
Below are some highlights from the report:
BEST BLACK FRIDAY RETAILERS (Average % Discount)
1. JCPenney (64.71%)
2. Belk (64.23%)
3. Macy’s (53.05%)
4. Office Depot and OfficeMax (49.93%)
5. Kohl’s (44.23%)
6. Lenovo (40.67%)
7th goal (32.87%)
8. Big lots (32.86%)
9. Academy Sport + Outdoor (31.10%)
10. The Home Depot (30.90%)
• JCPenney has the highest total discount rate at 64.71 percent, while Costco has the lowest at 16.80 percent.
• The average total discount for Black Friday is 37 percent. Consumers should aim for this discount amount or higher to avoid Black Friday traps.
• The “Clothing & Accessories” category has one of the largest shares of reduced items with 21.09 percent of all offers, while the “Furniture” category has the smallest share with 3.73 percent.
The pie chart above shows the product categories where discounts are more concentrated, represented as a percentage. The percentages do not represent average discounts.
The bar chart above shows the average discount percentage for each product category.
Now get out there and save money this holiday season, and good luck!
LOOK: Here are the 25 best Thanksgiving movies of all time
TOP 10: The best holiday TV specials of all time, ranked